Friday, January 18, 2013

My American Dream

To honor Dr. Martin Luther King know for his famous speech "I have a Dream" I am writing about the dream I have. My dream is to graduate, to get a better job, and to keep studying at a good college and get a career. When I have obtained those goals, My American dream will be a success.I plan to graduate like many other students.

 Graduating is not the plan for some students. The reason is because they struggle a lot in school, and do not ask for help, or they have problems at their home. I can not say I do not struggle in school because I would be lying to myself; which I do not let it get to me. I ask for help, So I can understand what I am having trouble working on. I ask my friend, Geydi for help. She is good at studying and makes good grades. She helps me not fall behind in my subjects in school. Thanks to the help I have gotten, I am ready for my senor year to do even better so I can graduate.

Saving up for college mean doing a lot of work. I currently work in McDonald's a fast food restaurant. I can not say I love my job because I do not. The employees I work with are nice and so are the manager's. What I do not like about working at McDonald's is that I have to do the same thing every single day I work. I do drive through when I work in McDonald's. I do not even ask what I am going to be doing, because I know to get a head set and start taking orders. I do not enjoy doing it. I get tired of it all the time. That is why I would like to graduate and get a good career. Something I love to do like perform as a dancer.

I plan to still work at McDonald's but just to save enough money to go to college. Then on to a good college to get the studies I need to be able to get a good Career and do what I enjoy doing. The good thing about having a career is that even if you have to do the same thing every day of your career job, you do not mind at all because its something you enjoy doing.

To graduate, to get a better job, and to go to a good college is My American dream. If I achieve that dream, someday my name may be scrolling across the screen at movie theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment